[Diy_efi] Re: Fuel pump run time with key on

Ben sappyse107
Tue Aug 23 09:11:21 UTC 2005

Robert W Hughes wrote:

>> So is there a setting in the computer for the pump to run a set
>> amount of time?  I know what the problem is, its the new fuel pump in
>> the tank.  Im not dropping my tank for this issue.  I've verified it
>> with the fuel pressure gauge, pressure goes from 43 running to 20 in
>> about 1 second, and drops off slightly slower from there to 0.
>

> For the C3s at least and probably the P4s there was a chip which Ludis
> called the RFD which handled limp-home fueling based on resistor
> values in the calpac. This chip also controlled the fuel pump on time
> and had no communication with the cpu. Unless you can find one of the
> resistor values in the calpac controlling the on-time you are stuck
> with what you get. In other words there is not a value in the computer
> itself controlling this time.

Ok, that makes sense.  I couldn't find anything that looked like what I
needed so having it set in the resistors makes sense.  I guess ill wire
up a switch to a relay and use the fuel pump test wire to power it up a
bit before I start the car.

Thanks!

Ben