[Diy_efi] Fuel pump run time with key on

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Tue Aug 23 13:40:12 UTC 2005

One last note here:   It's been awhile since i've looked at it,
however, i believe the 'swirl pot' as its called, (or the plastic case
that the fuel pump is mounted in) is where the fuel return line runs.
 I don't honestly remember a  hose connecting to it though.   What
would ideally work would be a anti-siphon springvalve..   (I know they
make these in larger diameters because we use them all the time in
below-grade swimming pool plumbing repairs so that the pump doesn't
flood whenever we open the system... )    Basically its just an inline
checkvalve with a spring pre-tensioner on one side preventing the
valve from opening until (a selectable) pressure is reached in the
line.   say 5 psi, 10 psi, whatever.   You could probably grab this
line under the rear seat near the fuel filter area, if you wanted
to...  on the rubber portion, and splice one in -- and put one in
somewhere near your fuel filter in the other direction, and that'd
take care of your fuel lines.

Now you'd have one-way valves and a pressure / flow requirement before
they'd open preventing draindown.

http://doityourself.com/store/2158004.htm   quick idea of what i'm
talking about on the PVC end of things w/ swimming pools....