[Diy_efi] Tried to use WinALDL

Joe Boucher boucherj
Fri Aug 26 00:28:58 UTC 2005

I made the circuit on the web page, loaded the software in a 350 mhz laptop
and tried it out.  Nothing happened.  For the most part.

The one problem is I have one of the more obscure ECU's, a 16144288 in a '93
Suburban.  The documentation on the web page show  the data stream coming
from pin E.  I don't have a pin E.  I found some references to some ECU's
data stream using pin M.  I have a pin M.  I tried it but nothing happened.

If I tried to hook up to a pin and made and broke the connection quickly,
the data fields started filling up.  So I think the circuit and the software
are working, but no data is making it to the laptop.

Any ideas where to go next?

Thanks for any help.

Joe