[Diy_efi] vehicle speed sensor

Joe Boucher boucherj
Fri Aug 26 00:44:13 UTC 2005

If it's a computer controlled carb, the VSS is in the back of the
speedometer.  I think.  There is an LED and a sensor for the same wave
length as the LED.  A bar attached to the speedometer cable swings the bar
between the led and the sensor.

Doesn't a company called Arizona and Marine sell the vss sensor which is
used with a mechanical speedometer cable?

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Muhamad Adlan Abdullah
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:17 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] vehicle speed sensor

Hi,

I am working on  a project on my old craburetted car. I need to get
the vss out from it. It doesn't have any vss sensor, just a metal
cable to the meter cluster.

can anyone point me where to get any speed sensor for this purpose?
some kind of an adaptor to the existing cable, that you just plug it
in the gearbox, maybe?

thanks in advance

Adlan