[Diy_efi] 7727 deal.

Joe Boucher boucherj
Sun Aug 28 07:46:49 UTC 2005

There's a pull-it-yourself junkyard near my home.  There is a Cutlass in the
yard which has hand written markings on it claiming it is a 1991.

The under the hood ECU is a 7727.  The wiring harness for the 3.1 V-6 is in
the car and apparently not cut up  The junkyard wants $50 for the wiring
harness and the computer.  I probably get away with the cheaper sensors such
as the temp and map sensors, but not the mas or coil pack, which aren't
there anyway.  This sounds like a deal to me.  I think the wiring harness
alone is worth the cost.

Can the V-6 ECU be changed to V-8 duty with cal-pack/prom chip change?

The hood is off the car and the ECU exposed to rain.  It is supposed to be
sealed for water and sun, isn't it?

Thanks,

Joe