[Diy_efi] 7727 deal.

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Sun Aug 28 22:13:25 UTC 2005

If your asking if you can run 8 injectors on this ECM with just
software changes, the answer comes in two forms :  Yes, and Yes.
You'll need to get the right Bin, but as far as injectors go, you'll
see the rail has two different 'sets' of injectors (batch fire)  set
"A" and set "B" ...  you'll just need to splice an extra set of
injector pigtails onto this part of the loom.  The ECM doesn't really
care how many injectors they are, as long as they're the same type
(lo/hi impedance)   You'll have to get a matched set anyways (or use
what you've got)...   The other technicality is the crank triggering,
which shouldn't really be an issue, as the Crank Pos Sensor (CPS)  is
connected to the ignition module -- and then the IGN module sends a
tach pulse to the '727..   The plugs you have on the harness will also
probably work just as is, because the function of the wires remains
the same across the GM lineup.  (3 wire plug is for CPS, 2 wire plug
is power, and the 5 or 6 conductor is all ECM to coilpack
communications)

The second "yes" is for the DIS portion -- (get a coil pack off of an
8 cylinder GM of the same vintage... and then set the "Cylinder
Select" in your BIN to be an 8 cylinder car...

-- Lee