[Diy_efi] wide band o2 w/narrow band output

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Sun Dec 11 23:27:36 UTC 2005

Quote "Has anyone got any good articles that explains the
wide band o2, something easy reading, you know not a
lot of technical jargon but something someone smart
but yet a little simple can understand?"

Wow.  I'd never refer to myself as 'simple' ;)   Typos always amuse me.
Happy holidays to all!

On 12/11/05, Geoff Harrison <geoff_h at smartchat.net.au> wrote:

> Dustin Lof wrote on Sunday, Dec 11, 05 5:32 PM
>
> Try here for starters.
> lists.diy-efi.org/pipermail/wbo2/2005-November/thread.html
> Also in the archives, I think there is a description of the
> Bosch WB02.
> If you cant find it there, let me know and I'll send it direct.
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
>

> I just read a post on the gmecm list about a wide band
> o2 with a narrow band output that can be fed to your
> ecm.  It brought some questions to mind.  Can that
> narrow band output be modified to something other than
> stoch., say I want to run a little richer but stay in
> closed loop,
>
> Do the late model Chrysler vehicles use a wide band
> o2? can I scrounge one of those and buy an interface?
>
> Has anyone got any good articles that explains the
> wide band o2, something easy reading, you know not a
> lot of technical jargon but something someone smart
> but yet a little simple can understand?
>
> My knowledge of cars is very broad and vast but mostly
> in the stock sense, as a driveability mechanic I spend
> most my time trying to figure out what why and how,
> not to change it. That comes less natural.
>

> thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this
> Dustinn Lof

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/