[Diy_efi] 87 Audi 5K TQ ?

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell
Tue Dec 20 07:04:22 UTC 2005

Jeff,

Good luck with this idea.  The 500 QT was sold in Europe as the Audi  200.  I
used to run one.  The fuel injection is strictly mechanical  only as I
recall, all the metering was done in the fuel metering and  distribution body, no
microprocessor, no fuel or ignition maps in EPROM  etc.

Galaxiecustom500 has already mentioned changing the wastegate and fuel
pressure regulator settings.  You could do a lot worse than set it up as  per the
MB series engine from the higher powered ur-quattro turbo...  They  ran in
competition trim up to 500 bhp or so.

Will C