[Diy_efi] OT : mounting fastners

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Sat Dec 31 14:12:44 UTC 2005

i'm not sure how you wish to attach to this, however, there are masonary
anchors which are threaded and i've used them before on metal, such as
mounting Dock levelers (commercial applications) to buildings.  You can find
those almost anywhere, and they make them up to 3" in diameter.  Basically
its like a wall anchor on steroids.

--LL

On 12/30/05, Jim Butterfield <jimbutterfield at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes I thought of that, but sure how deep the threaded screw will poke
> thru... thanks for the idea
>
> jim
>
> *Dustin Lof <bubblesjrtwo at yahoo.com>* wrote:
>
> I havent read any previous posts on this subject, but
> has anyone mentioned an expanding sheetrock anchor,
> the butterfly looking things?
>
> --- Jim Butterfield wrote:
>
> > Ok, this is the second post... I do intend to use
> > these holes to mount the console firmly to the
> > floor board... so I dont want to fill them, but
> > rather put an insert in them... Im familar with the
> > pop rivet insert threads that you all speak of...
> > didnt know how big them came.... I will have to find
> > a supplier, as to the 2 I talked to today were
> > quite shocked as to what I wanted... "I do know"
> > was the common answer...
> >
> > I thank you all for your suggestions
> >
> > jim
> >
> > Ernest Buckler wrote:
> > @font-face { font-family: Tahoma; } @page
> > Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in
> > 1.0in 1.25in; } P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt;
> > MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
> > } LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in
> > 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" }
> > DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in
> > 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } A:link {
> > COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline }
> > SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION:
> > underline } A:visited { COLOR: purple;
> > TEXT-DECORATION: underline }
> > SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: purple;
> > TEXT-DECORATION: underline } SPAN.EmailStyle19 {
> > COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial } DIV.Section1 {
> > page: Section1 }
> >

> > ?" mounting hole should be about a 3/8"
> > rivnut. Readily available and not too difficult to
> > install. My standard Rivnut tool goes to 3/8
> >
> > Big Jim
> >
> > Thanks, Jim, had no idea. Had never seen
> > Rivnuts over 5/16, and a hand-operated setter was a
> > real pisser to pull at that size.
> >
> > The question still remains about what the
> > original writer intends to do with these holes -
> > fill them to block them off, or use them to mt
> > the console he briefly mentions. If there's no
> > access to the outside, what's the problem
> > anyway, eh?
> >
> > Ernie
> >

> > Top reply: Depends on what you want to
> > do with these holes? Merely plug them up for
> > water reasons? Or attach something in those
> > locations? Rivnuts in 1/2" size are gonna be
> > rare and hard to install. Epoxy sounds like the
> > best cheap answer so far.
> >
> > Ernie
> >

> > Hello all, got a question about mounting
> > to the floor pan. Ive a new console to mount
> > to the floor of the car... there are 2 holes -
> > 1/2" diameter already in the floor pan does anyone
> > know a way to put a fastner in there without
> > getting to the back side... its kind of a pocket
> > in the body floor.

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/