[Diy_efi] 1227747 AE question

Bret Levandowski skishop69 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 03:10:06 GMT 2005

--===============97227793984048683==

--0-375559180-1108782468=:24763

>>From the datalogs and the feel, it's definitely a lean bog that hangs around for a while (2-3 secs). Thanks for the clarification. In order to adjust the MAP AE I assume I want to adjust up the time at the the MAP reading the 'bog' occurs at? Or, do I need to adjust the MAPs above it as well? I guess same question for the TPS as well. Do I adjust at the point of the problem or at and above?  Ski

J <TheGreatJ at charter.net> wrote:
The two AE types work together and serve somewhat different purposes.  TPS AE is the initial squirt that keeps the mixture from going badly lean with the sudden availability of air when you nail the throttle.  MAP AE is more to help smooth the transition from low-load to high-load and consequently help the engine accelerate more smoothly.

Both types of AE are used any time you open the throttle.  TPS AE is very quick, while MAP AE stays around a little longer.  If your datalogs show a lean spike when you kick the throttle, you need more TPS AE.  If it's less spikey and feels more like a lean bog, give it more MAP AE.  Most of the time, if you have to increase one, you'll need to increase the other as well.

This is just my experience, which admittedly isn't very extensive.

--0-375559180-1108782468=:24763

<DIV>From the datalogs and the feel, it's definitely a lean bog that hangs around for a while (2-3 secs). Thanks for the clarification. In order to adjust the MAP AE I assume I want to adjust up the time at the the MAP reading the 'bog' occurs at? Or, do I&nbsp;need to adjust the MAPs above it as well? I guess same question for the TPS as well. Do I adjust at the point of the problem or at and above?&nbsp; Ski<BR><BR><B><I>J &lt;TheGreatJ at charter.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>The two AE types work together and serve somewhat different purposes.&nbsp; TPS AE is the initial squirt that keeps the mixture from going badly lean with the sudden availability of air when you nail the throttle.&nbsp; MAP AE is more to help smooth the transition from low-load to high-load and consequently help the engine accelerate more smoothly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Both types of AE are used any time you open the throttle.&nbsp; TPS AE is very quick, while MAP AE stays around a little longer.&nbsp; If your datalogs show a lean spike when you kick the throttle, you need more TPS AE.&nbsp; If it's less spikey and feels more like a lean bog, give it more MAP AE.&nbsp; Most of the time, if you have to increase one, you'll need to increase the other as well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>This is just my experience, which admittedly isn't very extensive.</FONT></DIV>_______________________________________________<BR>diy_efi mailing list<BR>diy_efi at diy-efi.org<BR>http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Search presents - <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html">Jib Jab's 'Second Term'</a>
--0-375559180-1108782468=:24763--