[Diy_efi] Need help from the experts diagnosing lean state upon

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 08:15:07 GMT 2005

--===============50746953799525696==

-------------------------------1108800752

Hi RG,

Just a thought, the waveforms you will see with a current probe will be
related to the current through the inductive windings of the injectors,  right?
So unless there is actually something electrically wrong with an  injector,
surely you will get the same waveform whether the pintle lifts cleanly  off the
seat or not?  I'm not convinced you would see any sufficiently  identifiable
effect of a sticky or part-blocked injector.  No harm in  checking of course,
I'm just not sure it would be a good idea to rely upon what  you see.

Regards

Will Cowell
G0OPL

-------------------------------1108800752

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Hi RG,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just a thought, the waveforms you will see with a current probe will be=
=20
related to the current through the inductive windings of the injectors,=20
right?&nbsp; So unless there is actually something electrically wrong with a=
n=20
injector, surely you will get the same waveform whether the pintle lifts cle=
anly=20
off the seat or not?&nbsp; I'm not convinced you would see any sufficiently=20
identifiable effect of a sticky or part-blocked injector.&nbsp; No harm in=20
checking of course, I'm just not sure it would be a good idea to rely upon w=
hat=20
you see.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards</DIV>