[Diy_efi] Need help from the experts diagnosing lean state upon

ralph granchelli rgranchelli at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 02:05:28 GMT 2005

--===============79270169976621396==

--0-362504205-1108864983=:97446

Thanks Will, Tobjorn & Brett for your comments and suggestions

I plan to take a look at it again tomorrow or Monday

I'll let you guys know what I see

TNX & Rgds,

RG
AZ

Bret Levandowski <skishop69 at yahoo.com> wrote:
My Bad!! I got that backwards. I had to go back and remember. You sould see a slight DROP in the current. Wow, shouldn't have gone to work today. Too much brain fry. Ski

WSCowell at aol.com wrote: Well, if I'm right, it won't make a difference whether you look at voltage or current waveform, because they simply tell you about the electrical performance of the winding in the injector.  What you really want to know is a purely mechanical thing, i.e. "Is the injector lifting off its seat cleanly when pulsed?  What is its spray pattern like?  Does it deliver fuel at the correct rate?"   That sort of stuff.

What I'm leading up to is that I don't think electrical measurements will tell you anything about the important bit inside the injector, the valve itself, that lets the fuel through when opened by current flowing through the winding.

Regards

Will

--0-362504205-1108864983=:97446

<DIV>Thanks Will, Tobjorn &amp; Brett for your comments and suggestions</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I plan to take a look at it again tomorrow or Monday</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'll let you guys know what I see</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TNX &amp; Rgds,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>RG</DIV>
<DIV>AZ<BR><BR><B><I>Bret Levandowski &lt;skishop69 at yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>My Bad!! I got that backwards. I had to go back and remember. You sould see a slight DROP in the current. Wow, shouldn't have gone to work today. Too much brain fry. Ski<BR><BR><B><I>WSCowell at aol.com</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=GENERATOR><FONT id=role_document face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>
<DIV>Well, if I'm right, it won't make a difference whether you look at voltage or current waveform, because they simply tell you about the electrical performance of the winding in the injector.&nbsp; What you really want to know is a purely mechanical thing, i.e. "Is the injector lifting off its seat cleanly when pulsed?&nbsp; What is its spray pattern like?&nbsp; Does it deliver fuel at the correct rate?"&nbsp;&nbsp; That sort of stuff.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What I'm leading up to is that I don't think electrical measurements will tell you anything about the important bit inside the injector, the valve itself, that lets the fuel through when opened by current flowing through the winding.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Regards</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Will</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT>_______________________________________________<BR>diy_efi mailing list<BR>diy_efi at diy-efi.org<BR>http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<P>
<HR SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<BR>Yahoo! Search presents - <A href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=30648/*http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/jibjabinaugural.html">Jib Jab's 'Second Term'</A>_______________________________________________<BR>diy_efi mailing list<BR>diy_efi at diy-efi.org<BR>http://lists.diy-efi.org/mailman/listinfo/diy_efi<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=29917/*http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250">Learn more.</a>
--0-362504205-1108864983=:97446--