[Diy_efi] Need help with reluctor vs. hall effect ignition pickups

M C Ayres mcayres at mcmsys.com
Thu Feb 24 19:58:44 GMT 2005

Anyone know of a link on the web that would explain the difference between hall
effect and reluctor pickups. Maybe a circuit example with scope trace drawings.

Am working on a spark control box for a 90 degree twin coil motorcycle engine.
It currently uses a multi point rotor with a missing point at the TDC point
of one cylinder. I am assuming it uses a missing pulse detector to fire one
cylinder and I have no idea how the other cylinder fires 90 degrees off.

Any pointers on how these new electronic spark controls work would be helpful.

THANKS,
Mike from Missouri