[Diy_efi] diesel emissions?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Sat Jan 8 05:39:12 GMT 2005

I'm trying to find information regarding diesel emissions, test cycles,
etc.  Off road diesel engines are generally rated in grams per
horsepower-hour for 4 pollutants:  NOx, HC, CO, particulates.  There's a
weighted average of measurements taken at various load points.  The
weighted average is what's generally quoted, but I'd like to see data
for emissions at each load point.  Or a graph showing pollutants versus
horsepower for a diesel engine.  I've been told that it's a bathtub type
curve, with emissions high at idle and full load, and not so high in
between.  Anyone doing research or have data like that?

thanks,
--steve

--
Steve Ravet