[Diy_efi] OT - OBD-II Scan tool Experience

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 8 19:32:29 GMT 2005

Hoping to hear some experience from people with OBD-II scan tools,
specifically with regard to 1998 BMW's.  I have a 1998 528i and a 540.  Just
got a check engine light on the 540.  Looking through the Bentley Publishers
manual on these two cars it looks like a OBD-II scan tool might be a good
investment.  'Seems like each time I go to the dealer it costs $100+, it
gets old and will be un-sustainable if it keeps up (I do intend to keep
these cars for another few years).

Any recommendations for OBD-II scan tools to use with these two cars?

Just starting to do some research on the web to see what I can learn.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Dan