[Diy_efi] Some questions about Mazda MX-5 ECU

tim at kent.id.au tim at kent.id.au
Mon Jan 10 09:05:05 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm interested to know if anyone has reverse-engineered the 1990 Mazda MX-5
(Miata in the US).  Ideally I'd like to see how the fuel and ignition tune
compares to that of the Mazda Familia turbo, for an aftermarket MX-5 turbo
application.

Most applications I've read about do away with the factory ECU in favor of a
tunable aftermarket replacement, but with such a unit it would be good to
have a quality conservative starting point to save on tuning time.

Cheers,
Tim