[Diy_efi] Low tech fuel injection system

Geoff Harrison geoff_h at smartchat.net.au
Fri Jan 14 11:06:50 GMT 2005

Hi all. I too have been contemplating such a system. I am not afraid of
computer controlled
stuff, just think in can be done analogue, easier.
My thoughts so far have been to use a monoshot LM555, triggered by ignition.
The pulse width preset
to the shortest required pulse, i.e. normal warm idle. MAP, Manifold temp,
water temp, throttle position,
mixed (and inverted if required) to increase pulse duration. The O2 sensor
needs to processed through
a time delay. When it switches to "rich", triggers a slope generator, to
lean off the mix. When the unit
is set-up properly, the O2 sensor would switch several times a second, with
a 50% duty cycle. That signal
could become the "fuel OK" indicator.
If the ignition pulse of any cylinder can be determined, a divider can be
used to switch the injectors, if
sequential injection is desired.
Some I have spoken to say it would take to long to set-up. These guys seem
to spend every other weekend
remapping their Haltechs.
Has anyone ventured down this path?

Regards,