[Diy_efi] Frustrating fuel delivery problem!

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 20:14:31 GMT 2005

--- charlesmorris at direcway.com wrote:

> WHAT else can I look for?? I'm pulling out my hair.

A big clue is the rust and varnish throughout the
system.  The one thing I didn't see you say you'd
checked was the fuel pressure regulator.  If there's
crap in the regulator, it may well be bleeding fuel
back through the return.  While the vehicle is not
running, the flow from the leakage is small enough not
to notice with a pressure gauge, but when fuel is
being used by the injectors, the leakage causes a
problem.

You should also clean the injectors in an ultrasonic
tank, as they are likely all running lean from
varnish, if not from crud plugging their intake screens.

=====
| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |