[Diy_efi] 555 timers

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus at exeloncorp.com
Tue Jan 18 15:40:17 GMT 2005

The circuit we used to run a 2.3L OHC Ford engine for Oil Qualifications on
the dyno used a 4538 Dual Monostable multivibrator.  The RPM signal would
clock a 4013 Flip flop and the 4538 would change the pulse width to the
injectors (A/F ratio). If you use a TPS in place of the RX pot on pin 2 or
pin 14 of the 4538 the pulse width will vary on pin 6 or 10. I'll see if I
can find the circuit for you.