[Diy_efi] Lead fuel compaible O2 sensor

Mike niche
Sun Jul 3 07:27:51 UTC 2005

At 11:21 AM 3/07/05, you wrote:
>A person asked me the other day where he could buy an O2 sensor that was okay with lead fuel (Avgas 100LL).

Hi yah Don,

 From what I recall there isnt one around in production, though the gas
analysers of the old days had a usable sensor that needed recal each
1000 or so hours of use.

In the absence of a Lead fuel o2 sensor, if, that is, someone is looking
to run on avgas to reduce pinging - maybe because its comparatively
cheaper locally or easiest to get with high octane, then there are a couple
of ways around - though it would help to know just why avgas is on the
agenda ?

I'd suggest run a lead free fuel through the same engine but choose that
fuel for most equivalent energy and octane rating as avgas, tune the
engine as well as possible for the requirement, power or economy.

Then remove the O2 sensor and run it on avgas,

Is a cat involved - I guess not... ?

Regards from

Mike Massen
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
http://niche.iinet.net.au