[Diy_efi] Finding a suitable TBFI model...

Fehn, Ron G RFEHN
Tue Jul 5 16:09:40 UTC 2005

check holley web site.  maybe you could gets specs on HP considerations
and use that(Holley spec) as a cross reference to GM size of TB and
injectors.  GM injectors size are present on many web sites. as you are
aware you need to fuel on top as well as have a suitable BPW to idle.
so injector size is important consideration.  proper TB CFM might we
easier to determine

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Lee M. Lemoine
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 12:28 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Finding a suitable TBFI model...

Paul,  in the GM lineup, the earlier 2.2 liter would also be TBI --
If those designs don't strike your fancy, I'd suggest the Mopar 2.2 /
2.5 liter, some were TBI.  Again, 100 horsepower is a modest design
goal, but I'm trying to keep your TB in check with the displacement of
your engine.

Also, Toyota had some 1.6 / 1.8 liters back in the 80's, although i
believe they were MFI -- check the emissions labels out while your at
the scrapyard, it'll tell you what type of FI is on the engine!

--Lee

On 7/2/05, Paul Helmuth <PaulHelmuth at sprintmail.com> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> That sounds like a pretty good candidate. Thanks!
>
> I want a TB with injector(s) because that's where I want to deliver
the
> fuel, and I presume that something that has been engineered as a whole
> package for approximate the same output should be relatively well
suited.

> Thanks again. I'll post more when I get further along on the sourcing
and
> installing the FI parts.
>
> -Paul

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/
If you do not want to receive future unsolicited commercial email
advertisements or promotions from American Family you may opt-out
by visiting the following website:
<https://www3.dncsolution.com/SSL/DNESolution/OptOutCode/OptOut.aspx?el=5 >
Note: After opting-out, you may receive emails that you have
specifically requested from American Family.  If you are a current
American Family customer, you may still receive transactional emails
regarding your existing policies or accounts with American Family.
American Family Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates utilize
the PossibleNow DNESolution to administer this email opt-out process.