[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

WopOnTour wopontour
Wed Jul 6 05:09:54 UTC 2005

Well to clarify my own intentions/motives
I have been searching for an aftermarket or DIY WBO2 controller solution
based on either the CJ120 or CJ125 for many months. It is apparent that
Bosch is using these in their existing engine management systems, but I have
yet to find a stand-alone unit or even schematics to construct a complete
controller (other than what's provided in the Bosch datasheets)
No I was told (from a usually reliable resource) that the PLX controller was
using these ICs. (and it just, by shear coincidence, coincided with WBO2
discussions on this list)
Does anyone know of any WB02 controllers that are actually based on the
genuine Bosch ICs designed to maximize their performance??

*Currently I am working with what I call my "wrecking yard" WBO2 solution,
scamming a Bosch Motronic ME3.1 controller off a wrecked 2003 Saturn VUE
(with that same GME V6 discussed earlier) and am using an oem scan tool to
observe the WBO2 PIDs via the K-line datastream.
One thing I noticed is that the oe solutions from Bosch NEVER describe any
sort of routine calibration, as most of the current aftermarket solutions
claim was necessary. So it is my desire to determine (if I can) HOW the oem
WB02 hardware and/or control strategies are so different that they do not
require any sort of "zero oxygen" calibration apparently for the life of the
vehicle (or the life of the sensor- which ever comes first! LOL

Regards
 WopOnTour