[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

Gianmarco Rizzo BE/EAS gianmarco.rizzo
Wed Jul 6 11:22:41 UTC 2005

Adam

as far as i understand, the WBO2 sensors do indeed outputs an analog signal, but this signal must be processed in order to get rid of the "kink" in the afr curve (it is not linear) and to generate a linear V output. also processing is necessary to control the heater and to correct the sensor output for temperature, and other parameters. i think it is explained much better on the wbo2 website.

my wbo2 also simulates a ego sensor voltage, and all the output Voltage curves can be reprogrammed at will, giving me the chance to use a uego sensor and "trick" the ECU into thinking that there is a EGO sensor installed and run a ego based closed loop ECU to any afr i want, which i think is an interesting feature. remove ego sensor, install uego, collect the NB voltage output to the ecu and program the wbo2 controller to a suitable 0-1V curve to mach the wanted afr.

my particular wbo2 controller can be calibrated in free air. i think the innovate also has this feature.

i reckon all these tasks can be done analogically but it will be probably complex.

gm