[Diy_efi] wide band O2's

Bruce A Bowling bbowling
Thu Jul 7 00:05:10 UTC 2005

At 11:10 AM 7/6/2005, you wrote:
>Bruce
>Nice of you to chime in
>I have found your PWC site very insightful on the intricacies of WBO2
>calibration. Thank You for that. Is your PWC to market yet? I have been
>waiting patiently (like a great many others I'm sure) and religiously
>checking the web-site for an initial group buy. Was there some other way
>to establish when your PWC will be available? If you plan on using an
>email announcement please add my addy to your list wopontour at gmail.com

The PWC is work in progress, its just getting time-sliced with all of the
new MegaSquirt toys coming out. I am carving out a good hunk of time to
finish it in the next three months or so, then test and evaluate. So it
does have some time before release but its still being worked on,
especially the code.

>Now a question if I may, the Bosch ETAS LA-3 is apparently (I'm told)
>using the CJ120/CJ125 controller I had alluded to in an earlier post-
>did/could you confirm that? All indications are that these latest CJ
>family ICs include the most accurate and noise free heater and pump cell
>current controls in an oem (low cost) controller. It doesn't surprise me
>that the Bosch ETAS unit is so expensive, given it's heritage and that it
>is considered a competition grade tuning tool. But this would seem to
>validate the use of these ICs in an oem and ultimately even a potential
>DIY application (if they could even be sourced that is:)
>However I would certainly give up on this quest, if I knew that your PWC
>design was getting close to a release date.

The LA-3 meter I have does not use the CJ120 chip (from what I see), but it
does use the same manner of detecting cell temperature. From what I can
see, the LA-3 uses a real high-quality difference amplifier and a bunch of
discrete components. But the one I have is some years old, and there is a
LA-4 model out now so it may use the CJ120 chip.

The real beauty of the ETAS is that it allows one to put in their own PID
loop factors for the heater temp control, and allows one to enter specific
H/C and O/C ratios to change the calibration.

- Bruce