[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Fehn, Ron G RFEHN
Thu Jul 7 14:11:37 UTC 2005

OK.  so if i run 10% ethanol(which i do) the WB i have should read 14.13
or approx?  if i run non ethanol blend standard gas i should see 14.7
approx as well on WB?  this assumes the bin constant is set to
14.7(stoich)in my eprom.  OBTW i am seeing 14.2 approx when i log in CL.
now i think i understand why.  seems i expected to see 14.7 but never
did.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Adam Wade
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 10:55 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

--- "Fehn, Ron G" <RFEHN at amfam.com> wrote:

> now i just read that 02 sensors, both NB ad WB, do
> not read A/F ratios!  instead they read lambda or
> stoich for that type fuel.

Neither is correct.  They read partial pressure of
oxygen in the exhaust.  Basically, they are reading
how much oxygen is near the sensor at any point in
time.  If the same amount of oxygen is there,
regardless of fuel, the reading will be the same.  So
they do not read lambda for all fuels; NBO2 sensors
center at lambda=1 for gasoline, but not for anything
else (AFAIK).

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

If you do not want to receive future unsolicited commercial email
advertisements or promotions from American Family you may opt-out
by visiting the following website:
<https://www3.dncsolution.com/SSL/DNESolution/OptOutCode/OptOut.aspx?el=5 >
Note: After opting-out, you may receive emails that you have
specifically requested from American Family.  If you are a current
American Family customer, you may still receive transactional emails
regarding your existing policies or accounts with American Family.
American Family Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates utilize
the PossibleNow DNESolution to administer this email opt-out process.