[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Jay Wallace wallkatt
Thu Jul 7 14:57:11 UTC 2005

At 04:54 PM 06-07-05, you wrote:
>What happens in this scenario when you add a turbo upstream of the WB02
>sensor?  Does the turbo muck up the partial pressures at all, or are
>they pretty constant pre- and post-turbo?

This seems to be very interesting and important question - if the exhaust
backpressure at the sensor goes up by, say, a factor of 2 then the oxygen
partial pressure would also increase by a factor of 2 without ANY other
combustion changes occurring. The obvious way to correct for this is to
simultaneously measure the exhaust pressure at the WBO2 sensor and divide
the oxygen partial pressure by the total pressure, giving you the fraction
of oxygen (pressure basis) in the exhaust stream. Or am I missing something
obvious here?

Jay