[Diy_efi] 555 timer for injector driver

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder
Thu Jul 7 15:02:39 UTC 2005

Jeff,

I'd skip the solenoid to run your injector.  You're trying to control a slow
device (injector) with possibly an even slower device (solenoid).

Use either a Darlington transistor or a Mosfet as has already been
suggested.  They are not too expensive from the local Radio Shack.  I use a
good heat sink on the TIP-120 shown in the diagram.  When running at long
pulse widths, it can build some heat.  (TIP-120 was used simply because it
was in my parts bin, other Darlington's will work.  You would want to add
few other things to use the Mosfet properly)

I've attached a .pdf of the signal generator I've developed for use with my
projects.  Use as much or as little of this circuit as you wish.  I'm only
using a breadboard version at this point. I may make up a PCB later this
month.

Take care,

Dan Nicoson