[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jul 7 20:05:39 UTC 2005

--- gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:

> EXPECT, it to read richer than actual, when the AFR
> used, is richer than stoich, and leaner than actual,
> when the AFR used, is leaner than stoich

I believe this to be untrue.  As O2 sensors are
primarily sensitive to partial pressure of O2 (see Mr.
Bowling's excellent exposition on this topic from
today), they will read leaner than "actual" when
exhaust back-pressure is increased greatly.  If
back-pressure is exceedingly high (higher than you've
calibrated for), you should NEVER get a reading that
shows richer than actual, if my understanding is complete.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |