[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Fri Jul 8 19:36:21 UTC 2005

--- gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:

> Seeing that you were foolish enuf to take that (my)
> answer out of context, I'll state I did not EVER
> state that the partial pressure of oxygen was not,
> or could not be influenced by other gases present in
> the exhaust stream.

You said that O2 sensors did not measure anything but
oxygen in the exhaust.  This is not true.  They
respond to other exhaust constituents as well.
Partial pressure has nothing to do with it.

> The O2 sensor STILL only outputs a signal that
> reflects/recognizes oxygen content of exhaust.

This is directly contradicted by a number of research
papers (including the ones I quoted) as well as Mr.
Bowling's research.

I put it to you again; please show me testing you have
done with test gas cells and precise concentrations of
various gases to determine that no other gases than
oxygen have any effect on the output of an O2 sensor.

> Again, if  you are foolish enuf to take me out of
> context, I'll answer the way I did.

You made complete, standalone comments, regardless of
the context.  Those comments are wrong.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |