[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Michael Richards michael
Thu Jul 14 18:39:30 UTC 2005

> So, are there ever times when ignition is knock
> limited such that combustion is not complete?
>
> And would this tend to cause "erratic" WBO2 A/F
> readings?

In my experience I would say yes it is possible but that normally
occurs when the engine parameters are out of balance. For example,
compression/boost is too high and/or octane is too low.

What you really want is a quick, efficient burn so you get the peak
cylinder pressures where you want. Properly built and designed engines
should achieve this. Start doing silly things like adding a 2mm head
gasket - destroying your quench you're liable to end up with problems.

-Michael