[Diy_efi] trying to replace standard flap style afm with MAP sensor

Marc Reviel marc
Wed Jul 20 16:20:41 UTC 2005

You have to involve RPM in the equation. You must (at minimum) know
the engine RPM AND the MAP value to be able to simulate the original
AFM output. Plus most AFM outputs area not linear with air-flow. This
non-linear transfer curve associated with air-flow must be accounted
for in the calculation, too.  The upshot is you'll have to use a
micro to generate what you need, ala one of the many commercial
interceptor-style boxes out there designed to just this.

-Marc

Marc Reviel

PowerLogix
http://www.powerlogix.com