[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Fri Jun 3 06:30:17 UTC 2005

--- jeff matthews <maple69vt at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I fake out my O2 sensor on Both my cars everytime I
> boost (which is almost every time I shift:)!

I'm curious.  What ECUs are you running with, are they
designed (or at least adapted) for use on turbocharged
vehicles (I'm assuming you're turbocharging here,
yes?), and what happens if you don't "fake out" the
ECU?  I don't think there are any vehicles ever made
that operate in closed-loop mode while accelerating,
especially if the acceleration is more than a moderate
level (in my mind, that would be a great way to ruin
an engine very quickly, assuming you're talking about
a narrow-band O2 targeting stoichiometric).

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

Yahoo! Mail