[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jun 9 06:28:50 UTC 2005

--- Marc Reviel <marc at powerlogix.com> wrote:

> FYI, I am just finishing a prototype of a twin turbo
> upgrade for the Porsche Boxster.  The test mule is a
> 1999 model, 2.5L, 11:1, no variable cam timing,
> and last year before they went to e-throttle.  I
> designed it for low-boost/earliest spool up -
> 2000rpm = 2.5psi, 2400 = 5psi. During part-
> throttle/mild acceleration, it is almost always
> running positive boost, and does remain in closed-
> loop.

It's commanding lambda 1 under boost without problems?
 Is it radically retarding ignition timing to
accomodate that AFR?

> I have about 1200 miles heavy testing on it.
> So far, no issues at all (not even a CEL). No
> piggyback stuff, stock ECU programming.

I guess it doesn't surprise me *too* terribly much
that the stock sensors can handle a bit of boost.  I
gather there is an airbox-mounted intake pressure
sensor, or a MAF sensor (or possibly both)?

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

Yahoo! Mail