[Diy_efi] GreenFire sparkplugs - any experience ?

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1
Thu Jun 9 19:19:17 UTC 2005

Ernie,

We have heat ranges for plugs now. Couldn't the glow plugs have advance
ranges? Plug a has 5 degrees advance. Plug b is otherwise identical, but has
10 degrees advance, etc.

Bobby

On 6/9/05, Ernest Buckler <ebuckler at icehouse.net> wrote:

> Mike,
> I presume you saw my lengthy reply about the glow plugs for IC engines?
> They CONTROL the timing by the length and shape of the so-called venturi.
> One drawback of their product is that this pre-chamber is fairly large,
> extending outside the size envelope of normal sparkplugs. Also, different
> engines require different shapes, so one size does NOT fit all. Of course,
> that's true of normal plugs too, but these require significantly more
> steel
> and machining. Trade off is that you don't need a distributor, hi-tension
> leads & caps, nor the coil(s). And, on the negative side again, you cannot
> adjust the timing - the "curve" is all built in and that's it.
> Ernie

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory