[Diy_efi] Smart Plugs, Greenfire, model glo engines

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Tue Jun 14 06:11:49 UTC 2005

>    On the glow plugs that were mentioned by Ernest Bucler It sounds to
> also be an interesting concept with the limitations he has espoused -
> model plane engines have been running with glow plugs for many years, but
> perhaps these are more suited to constant power/constant rpm engines

...snip...

Just want to make it clear that Smart Plugs (Sand Point, Idaho, USO) is
running glow plug as mentioned in REAL aircraft, not model engines.  The
founder of the company admits, however, that model glo engines WERE the
motivating force that led him to discover that similar technology would work
in four-cycle engines.   I do think that the mention above of hybrid
powertrains where constant speed operation is the norm, is certainly
relevant to the future of these types of stratified-burn ignitors.
Ernest B.