[Diy_efi] Timing Calculations

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Jun 16 03:04:43 UTC 2005

How often does your algorithm calculate spark timing?  If it does the
calculation separately for each cylinder then this 60 tooth wheel helps.
If it does it once per revolution and uses that value for all sparks
during the revolution then it doesn't matter how many teeth you have,
the rpm may change between between calculations.

I don't think OEM hardware does rpm prediction, or at least didn't in
the TPI/TBI days.  But I may be wrong.

--steve