[Diy_efi] Air/Fuel meter now working! And L-jetronic

Astrona amdcpu
Fri Jun 17 22:50:56 UTC 2005

> Here's the dyno results. Notice that the fuel mixture stays constant until
> I hit 4600 rpms then it starts to gradually lean out. I've heard this is
> where the AFM maxxes out at. It looks to me like this is more RPM related
> than boost related.
I've played with AFM and measured pulsewidth of le-jet.

On my 1.8E Opel 115hp NA stock engine
It increased PW proportionally up to max torque point (4800).
After that, when torque was slowly falling, the PW fell too but a bit
slower - so mixture richened.
That was the case up to max HP-point (5800). After that PW started to fall
faster.
When plotted on graph i saw that duty cycle % remained the SAME from 5800 to
7000, although torque fell pretty fast.
So, LE-Jetronic kind of flooded it - it's for safety i guess.

I noticed that on every test the PW-curve had same shape, but with different
offset!  Pulsewidth-peaks were on different RPMs,  +/- 200RPM.
The offset shows, that ECU trys to follow the VE-curve (TQ) by measuring
load not RPM. It wasn't "closed-loop" pw calculation from load, since i had
replaced stock camshaft with racing one(316deg), but still had the PW-peaks
in the stock cam positions.
http://www.hot.ee/slyy/auto/18E_k6ver.jpg

I don't know if it is cut into AFM resistors or soldered in with ECU's
"bias-resistors".
My ecus from 1983 & 1986 showed same results with the same AFM, but they
were made for same engine model (although ecus were different inside).
http://www.hot.ee/slyy/auto/kadett_b/ecu/
For example by richening through loosening the afm-spring, will have
sideeffect of moving these "hard-coded" peaks to lower rpm, and "flat" "VE
map" ecu would be better :).
These peaks are upto 15% of total PW.

I'm not giving my head for it, i tested it a year ago.

Cheers!