[Diy_efi] Finding a suitable TBFI model...

Paul Helmuth PaulHelmuth
Mon Jun 27 01:38:36 UTC 2005

All,

I am in the process of building an ECU (based on the Motorola/Freescale
MPC555 embedded PowerPC processor). I am at the beginning stages of testing
the ignition triggering and will soon turn my efforts toward the more
complex business of squirting fuel.

My initial engine platform is an 1800cc MG 4 cylinder. I need to find a
"compatibly" sized throttle body system that I can source for conversion
parts/pieces. The horsepower produced should be about 100.

Are there any information sources that cross reference factory TBFI systems
by horsepower (as for use in conversion projects)? Can anyone recommend any
potential choices, or warn against any that may be particularly problematic?

TIA for any pointers.

-Paul