[Diy_efi] Re: GM HEI Coil

Robert W Hughes rwhughe
Wed Mar 23 03:25:43 UTC 2005

> Does anyone know the pinout of GM's External HEI coil. I talking about
> the one that is used with the small cap HEI distributors, that is
> mounted to the intake.
>
> There are two harness connectors on it with total of four leads.

The two leads on one side of the HV post are both the positive side,
parallel. The two others are both negative side. The positive side goes
to the battery with a pink wire in most original harnesses, the negative
wire goes to the module with a white wire. Wires don't have to be that
color, that is just what GM used.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering