[Diy_efi] Audi EFI conversion?

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Thu Nov 3 03:29:07 UTC 2005

Hey Ernie,

The CIS injectors are quite different from the efi injectors.  There is a
company that makes an adaptor to convert CIS to EFI bitzracing.com,  but the
efficacy depends on the design of the CIS system.  It is basically a bung to
replace your CIS bung that is machined to take the efi injector.  Unscrew
the CIS injector retainer,  screw in the adapter,  install the new
injectors, and build up the rest of the fuel system.

http://www.bitzracing.com/products/injector_bungs/injectorbungsdetails.html

It looks like it would work well on my Porsche 928 (I've owned both CIS &
EFI 928s) but might not work so well on my Ferrari,  reference the following
thread on FerrariChat:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76848

Once the fuel side is settled,  you need to work out the sparky side of
things.  Megasquirt is one possibility,  but only controls the fuel.
Junkyard EFI is another.  I've had pretty good luck with the '749
controlling both spark & fuel,  others have done well with different GM
ECMs.  If you're EFI'ing the turbo Audi the 749 is worth a close look.

Bill
'84 928s 5 sp. Vortech/749
http://p-928.home.comcast.net/749.html