[Diy_efi] Starting and Charging

Clayton Martiniuk wildwood
Fri Nov 4 02:37:15 UTC 2005

I am sorry for not explaining my dilemma further. I have an 94 chevy 350 that has the 94 harness and connectors. It came with an alternator with two wires connected to it. One wire goes to pos bat terminal from alternator output, and one is an exciter( from what my service manual says)going to the four pin connector. I have this exciter powered with 12v. The thing seemed to work for about a day and wont work again. Is the voltage through the exciter regulated through a generator light on the newer style alternators? Have I fried the voltage regulator?

                     Thank you very much for all your advice,

                                                    Clayton Martiniuk