[Diy_efi] off topic: '99 Caddilac ElDorado - Wiper issue

Bret Levandowski skishop69
Fri Nov 4 15:28:40 UTC 2005

Just unplug the connector, push in on the lever and rotate counter clockwise. Pull out easily and it will separate. It is resistance based for cruise. I believe they share common B+ and gnd. I'm at work now so I can copy the schematics for you. I'll scan and send direct this evening.   Ski

"Lee M. Lemoine" <llemoine at gmail.com> wrote:Hey guys,

A friend of mine has a '99 Caddilac ElDorado Coupe, with an interesting problem.   All of a sudden, all of his wiper functions, as well as cruise control have stopped functioning.   This appears to be a problem with this individual stalk, however, the high beam / directional portion (in other words, the column mounted portion of the switch) work fine.   I was able to find the access panel, which reveals a small square connector with four wires.   I have no idea what the functions are, but the functions controlled are:

Wiper off / Hi /Lo (10 position intermittent)
Wiper Washer fluid control
Cruise Control (set/accel / cruise/decel / off)

My guess is this is resistor coded technology, however, i have nothing to reference.  From what i'm told this is an old design chassis, and the colum looks to be one of the 'original' 80's gm designed columns, with the clunky old flasher switch underneath the right hand side...   and that damn clunky feeling directional lever that makes you think your going to snap the stalk off when you use it...

Any idea how to test this ?  If not, any idea how to remove that portion of the stalk from the actual switch assembly?

--Lee

--
Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine