[Diy_efi] Dual TBI ECM mods

jlg-sep at comcast.net jlg-sep
Wed Nov 9 21:24:45 UTC 2005

> I am new to this and I suspect this subject has already been discussed,
> so I hope no one will mind me possibly bringing it up again...
>
> My question is this:  I want to use a 1227747 ECM with 2 TBI units.  In
> other words, I need the ECM to work with 4 injectors instead of the normal
> 2.  Does anyone know what changes need to be made to the ECM to drive
> the additional injectors?

Reference the following schematic from Ludis' site:

http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/1228746sheet5.gif

At an absolute minimum, you need to remove R79 and R80 (Left and Right
injector current sense resistors) and replace them with .05ohm 1% units.
I've been using the Ohmite 3W version, available from Digikey under p/n
13FR050-ND.  You will then be able to run the second TBI injectors in
parallel with the first while still retaining proper peak and hold operation.

-Scott