[Diy_efi] Iridium plug problems

Tim Marsteiner tmarstei
Sat Nov 12 16:56:32 UTC 2005

These are the plugs pulled this morning:

http://www.superxtune.com/images/plugs.JPG

I am running LOP (tuned about 16.0:1) at cruise engine
loads and data logs of narrow band O2 sensor show
0.000 volts right before the problem starts.

Hmmm ... how about this scenario, fuel pressure drops
drastically, mixture is too lean to fire consistently,
some unburned mixture left in exhaust and/or chamber
finally does ignite causing severe backfiring and
possibly some light detonation.

Fuel pump/pressure regulator is inside tank but sits
inches above the front cylinder head... definitely
could be affected by heat soak.

Tim