[Diy_efi] Iridium plug problems

Tim Marsteiner tmarstei
Sat Nov 12 23:10:27 UTC 2005

Are you talking about the center electrode?

It comes brand new like this. A smaller/finer
electrode sparks easier (no, I don't remember the emag
equations that prove this). The iridium coating is
much harder with higher melting point allowing it to
be so fine.

I just went for a ride (picked up a fuel pressure
gauge) with new coils and new standard plugs
installed. No problems, but bike does not run nearly
as smooth.

Tim