[Diy_efi] Marine applications

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Mon Nov 14 18:19:58 UTC 2005

I know a tiny bit.  There are multiple communications busses with multiple
levels of access depending on who you are,  and how much you are in bed with
the engine manufacturers.  At the lowest security level you can look at a
some parameters, like if you were a dash guage and needed to know engine
temp.  At the highest levels you can control things,  even engine speed,
like if you were a trolling or navigation computer.  There are security
protocols  to get you to the various levels.  I know that's not much,  but
it's all I have right now.  Maybe someone else will chime in with more.

hth,

Bill