[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 9, Issue 14

Bill Washington bill.washington
Mon Nov 21 01:37:56 UTC 2005

Ian,
	Temperature sensors are generally variable resistance with temperature and have
two main failure modes short circuit, or open circuit - disconnecing a short
circuited Temp sensor would certainly show an effect, but disconnecting an open
circuit Temp sensor would have no effect. This could be your problem - worth
checking...
	If you have the manufacturer and model number of your IP you could try a google
search on that info, also don't discount your local library, Technical book
shop, or tertiary institute/ trade college libraries for specific information on
your pump/engine combination. From those sources you may find some specific
troubleshooting guides.

Regards
Bill