[Diy_efi] The Hunt effect

dalemahan at charter.net dalemahan
Tue Oct 4 20:47:42 UTC 2005

Hi John,

Ah hah - a chance to ask a real IC engineer about fuel questions!

Doesn't about four ounces of acetone in 10 gallons of cheap gasoline make it burn like a higher octane fuel?  Doesn't ethyl alcohol itself have a comparativly high octane rating? How about benzene as a fuel additive, ignoring its health effects?

Thank you,

Dale Mahan