[Diy_efi] The Hunt effect

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Wed Oct 5 16:08:23 UTC 2005

WHAT Bret??? you cant trust the trip computer... let
me share a story... we took the wifes olds silhouette
van on vacation to california ( we live in oregon).
background...I've run out of gas one time when I
bought a used Grand Am, and drove to work it showed
1/4 tank but gauge was hosed and i was empty.... So
were driving back form california, and I'm all about
using the trip computer to calcuate gas mileage, trip
mileage, and also when I have to stop for fuel... so
were about 20mi outside salinas california, and the
gauge shows damm close to 'E', the wife askes " hunny
are you going to get gas... No babe the trip meter
shows another 50 miles, and its only 20 miles till gas
and Andersons Pea soup exit"... 10 miles later another
gas station exit... " Babe you need some gas, your in
the red, NAAAa babe, it still shows 40 some miles left
until empty"... and I make smart @$$ wave to the gas
stations... like Oh yea Oh yea Im allll that have this
calculated out. well about 2 miles before our exit
chug chug blaaaahhhhhhhh. and guess what I hear... "
Oh yea honney your the man now" .... as I get out and
start walking to town to get a gas can... thanks GM
for the exercise trip.

jim

-