[Diy_efi] The Hunt effect

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Wed Oct 5 16:17:02 UTC 2005

Ohhh John, hence the reason alcohol dragsters dont run
a radiator.... because the run cooler temps.... also
they can run those huge 6-71 12-71 XX-71 blowers on
top of the big blocks... alcohol runs cooler so less
knock to kill pistions...

In our grand prix club, countless guys think just
dropping a pulley sizeto increase boost is ok, not
scanning the car for Knock retard, soon there all
pissed because two of the front three pistions are
chipping from detnoation... them youngn's just dont
get it, they think hp is cheap and easy...

thanks john, your wealth of knowledge is awesome

jim

maybe off line you could explian how too much octane
is a bad thing... guys in the club think 108/113
octane is better for our little 3800 series II engines
and others say 103 is well enough more is a bad
thing???

--- John Gross <jogross3 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It takes less air to burn an equivalent amount of
> fuel, but since an engine
> is an air pump, it?s typically better to look at it
> from the other
> direction
.you need more fuel to run the engine at